Hey Californian! Do you want to be a cosmetologist? That means you have to pass the written cosmetology state board in California. 😳
Effective January 1, 2022, the practical exam is no longer required in California. Yay! You only need to pass the written cosmetology exam to become licensed.
But that California written cosmetology exam? It’s hard. It’s timed. You only get 2 hours. It’s full of cosmetology theory questions. And it’s all multiple choice, which can be very tricky.
Lots of people fail. We can help you pass!
Cosmetology State Board California: Results by School
Did you know that you can see pass-fail rates for the Californian written cosmetology state board exam?
You can. This list includes all California schools that offer barber, cosmetologist, manicurist, and esthetician training.
- Scroll down to page 3 see the most current pass-fail results for cosmetology schools.
- Find your school and see what percentage of students passed. All California cosmetology schools are listed in alphabetical order. Some of the statistics are pretty scary.
What are the pass-fail rates for your school? This is important information—for students and for educators.
Want even more info: You can see the entire history of pass-fail examination results for all California cosmetology schools here.
Pass the Written Cosmetology State Board California exam!
We’re here to make sure YOU can pass the cosmetology state board in California! First try. 🙌
Don’t get scared. Get prepared.™
We’re the Filmbook® State Board app.
You see, here at Filmbook, we know cosmetology school is expensive. And state board is stressful.
That’s why the Filmbook State Board app offers you the most affordable, the most effective state board prep you can find.
The Filmbook State Board app has UNLIMITED state board practice quizzes on ALL state board topics.
You get over 1,600 state board practice questions. That’s more than any other app. So you’ll be ready to pass the written cosmetology exam in California.
Plus, you get specific questions on California laws and rules.
In fact, the Filmbook State Board app has 42 questions from the state of California cosmetology laws and rules BUILT RIGHT IN to the quizzes on our app.
All this state board preparation is just $4.99/month. 🤗 That’s the best price you’ll find for the most content.
Still not sure? Download your free 100-question state board practice quiz questions on the preview version of the Filmbook State Board app.
Or have a look at some sample California cosmetology laws and rules practice questions below!👇
Get Prepared for the Written Cosmetology Exam in California
Here’s another practice state board question. This tests your knowledge of California cosmetology laws and rules.
Let’s try one more practice question, specific to the written California cosmetology exam:
What’s on the California Cosmetology State Board Exam?
Here are the details:
Hair Care and Services (40% of the exam)
- Client consultation, analysis and documentation for hair care services
- Tools used in hair care services
- Hair care
- Hair design
- Chemical services
Scientific Concepts (30% of the exam)
- Infection control and safety practices
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Basic chemistry of products used in cosmetology
Skin Care and Services (15% of the exam)
- Client consultation, analysis and documentation for skin care services
- Tools used for skin care services
- Facial skin care services
Nail Care and Services (15% of the exam)
- Client consultation, analysis and documentation for nail care services
- Tools used in nail care services
- Knowledge of principles, procedures and safety for basic manicure and pedicure
- Knowledge of principles, procedures and safety for application, maintenance, and removal of nail enhancements
Got all that?
We do. In an app.
California Cosmetology Laws and Rules Practice Questions: INCLUDED
The Filmbook State Board app has 42 questions from the state of California cosmetology laws and rules.
They are included in the unlimited quizzes.
All you have to do is specify that you’ll be taking the cosmetology exam in California when you subscribe. It’s easy.
Filmbook State Board: Helping You Pass the California Cosmetology Exam!
The Filmbook State Board app can help you pass your written cosmetology exam! No matter what school you go to. When you subscribe, here’s what it includes:
- ALL state board topics
- Over 1,600 state board practice questions
- Laws and rules quiz questions for California
- Unlimited, timed multiple choice state board quizzes
- Step-by-step state-board films
- Cosmetology theory, clearly explained
- Built-in cosmetology exam book
- A read-out-loud option
- Cosmetology glossary with over 1,200 terms
- Designed for the way artists learn—visually!
Here’s a sample page on human anatomy:
Image (modified): Blausen.com staff (2014). “Medical gallery of Blausen Medical 2014”. WikiJournal of Medicine 1 (2): 10. doi:10.15347/wjm/2014.010.
Get ready today for the biggest test you will EVER take. BTW, cramming doesn’t work.
All you do is pull out your phone. Open up your Filmbook State Board app. And start quizzing yourself—until you can score a 80%. Or better. You’ll be in great shape for the written California state board exam.
State board. State of total confidence.™
In a Different State? Not Taking the Cosmetology Exam in California?
Not a problem! You can unlock laws and rules quiz questions specific to YOUR state when you subscribe.
- Taking your state board exam in Texas? The Filmbook State Board app includes 47 Texas laws and rules questions.
- Studying for the cosmetology exam in Virginia? The Filmbook State Board app includes 53 questions on Virginia state laws and rules.
- Taking the Florida cosmetology state board exam? We have 49 state-specific cosmetology laws and rules questions. Built right in.
- Studying cosmetology in Tennessee? We have 48 questions on Tennessee cosmetology laws and rules.
- Going to cosmetology school in Arizona? The Filmbook State Board app includes 46 questions on Arizona state laws and rules.
These are just examples. Our goal is to help ALL of YOU pass the cosmetology exam.
Finally, a few thoughts from your friends at Filmbook:
Keep a kind heart. Look out for one another. And remember: Diversity is what makes us beautiful.