Learn cosmetology! Prepare for your cosmetology exam!
Do you want to learn cosmetology?
Do you need to prepare for your cosmetology state board licensing exam?
Filmbook has two cosmetology apps. And one—or both—could be right for you!
The Filmbook® Cosmetology app
Beauty School in an App!™ It’s here. A comprehensive, structured, step-by-step cosmetology curriculum. Available right on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
Learn cosmetology! Or teach it—using the Filmbook Cosmetology app. This is a full cosmetology curriculum: 37 classes, over 50 how-to films, an illustrated book, and over 100 tests!
The Filmbook Cosmetology app covers all cosmetology fundamentals. You’ll learn haircutting, hairstyling, haircoloring, chemical texture, textured hair, hair extensions, and basic skin and nail services. It’s all here.
Plus, you’ll find complete information on sanitation, sterilization, and disinfection.
The Filmbook Cosmetology app can help you succeed. No matter what cosmetology school you’re in—or plan to attend.
If you’re a beauty educator, this app gives you a proven, teacher-tested curriculum. Every class is organized as a complete salon service
Filmbook Cosmetology. Student-Centered. Teacher-Tested.™
Who is the Filmbook Cosmetology app for?
- Current and future cosmetology students: Learn haircutting, styling, coloring, chemical texture, textured hair, and hair extensions. Works with and enhances any school program.
- Cosmetology apprentices: Learn cosmetology step-by-step. Use the structured practice exercises to build your skills.
- Beauty educators: Build a complete, cost-effective cosmetology program with this curriculum. The course material was created by a team of cosmetology educators, curriculum writers and learning science specialists. It successfully trained thousands of cosmetology students at one of the largest beauty schools in the U.S.
- Licensed hairstylists: Refresh your skills.
- Salon owners: Train your staff. Use the Filmbook Cosmetology app to onboard new hires.
- Anyone interested in learning cosmetology or considering a career in hairstyling. The Filmbook Cosmetology app is a great way to test-drive what it means to be a professional cosmetologist. Or get a jump on the skills you’ll need in beauty school.
The Filmbook® State Board App
State board? State of total confidence.™ You can prep to pass your cosmetology state board exam—with the Filmbook® State Board app for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
The Filmbook State Board app is specifically designed for the way artists learn.
It’s the only cosmetology state board app that gives you over 20 minutes of film on state board topics. An easy-to-read book that tracks along with the film. Unlimited state board quizzes for one low fixed price. And state-specific laws and rules questions for every state.
Prepare for your cosmetology licensing exam
Cosmetology school is expensive. And state board is stressful. The Filmbook State Board app is here to help. No matter what cosmetology school you attend.
Who is the Filmbook State Board app for?
- Cosmetology students, enrolled at any cosmetology school.
- Beauty educators who need to make sure their students are studying for the state board exam effectively.
- Cosmetology school administrators who need to increase their cosmetology school licensure rate.
Learn more about cosmetology and passing the state board licensing exam on the Filmbook cosmetology blog. It’s a great resource for anyone interested in cosmetology!
Beauty school online? Cosmetology school online with a free class? Really? Yes! Get started right now with a FREE Graduated Layered Haircut class on your iPhone or iPad. And see how you like it.
Beauty educators and cosmetology teachers: Could your online cosmetology classes be better? Are your cosmetology students learning effectively? Are you confident that your online cosmetology classes are actually teaching? Find out if your online cosmetology classes are missing these 7 essentials.
Trying to build a good solid program for your cosmetology school online? Hitting a wall? We get it. Teaching cosmetology is hard enough in the traditional cosmetology school classroom. Here’s what a good online cosmetology school program should accomplish.
Hey, you 👋 ! Yeah, you. Staring into your phone like a pro. What cosmetology facts do you know ? “Um, not many. Cosmetology is just, like, hairstyling, right? Sounds interesting, but I’m not sure where to start.” Get started with these cosmetology facts.
How to pass the cosmetology state board test? OMG😱 Those eight words can inspire anxiety, if not panic, in the boldest beauty student, the most courageous cosmetologist-in-training. Don’t get scared. Get prepared.™ Here’s how to pass!
Looking for a free 2023 cosmetology practice test? It’s right here in video form! Test yourself now. Can you answer these multiple-choice state board questions, created by cosmetology teachers? If you’re in cosmetology school you know the cosmetology exam is in your future. It’s the most important test you will ever take.
The cosmetology test is a written and practical timed test required by each state. You have to pass this cosmetology test with a 70 or 80 percent, depending on your state, in order to get a cosmetology license and officially practice cosmetology in that state. Find out more about the cosmetology test here.
Starting cosmetology school? Already in cosmetology school? You should take a cosmetology state board practice test. The sooner you start practicing for the 2023 cosmetology state board exam, the better you’ll feel when the day arrives, and the better you’ll do. Get started now!
Hey Californian! Do you want to be a cosmetologist? That means you have to pass the cosmetology state board in California. 😳 You have to take a practical exam and a written exam. Most people pass the practical exam. But the California written cosmetology exam? It’s hard.
Want your cosmetology license in Texas? You have to pass the Texas cosmetology state board. Those dreams of yours … they’re as big as this state. But there’s a Texas-sized problem we gotta tell you about. The reported failure rate for the Texas cosmetology written state board exam is almost 50%.