So y’all want your cosmetology license in Texas? That means you have to pass the Texas cosmetology state board.
We know it. Those dreams of yours … they’re as big as this state. Keep working it. Texas needs your talent. Your artistry. Your style.
But there’s a Texas-size problem we gotta tell you about. And it could be standing in the way of your success.
Texas Cosmetology Written State Board Exam
As of the most current reporting, the failure rate for the Texas cosmetology written state board exam was almost 50%.
That 50% written exam failure rate? That’s a hitch in your giddyap. Especially because you have to pass that Texas written exam BEFORE you can even take that practical exam.
Here’s the official language about getting a cosmetology license in Texas:
“You must pass the written examination before you can sit for the practical examination. Examination eligibilities are good for 5 years and you may test an unlimited number of times during this period. However, you are encouraged to study between examination attempts and to sit for your examination as soon as possible after attending cosmetology school. A separate fee is required for each examination attempt.”
Cosmetology State Board Texas
So, what’s on the Texas Cosmetology test?
The Texas cosmetology written exam has 100 timed, multiple choice questions:
- Hair and Scalp Care: 40 questions
- Infection Control: 28 questions
- Licensing and Regulation: 20 questions
- Nail Care: 6 questions
- Skin Care: 6 questions
The practical exam? We know you’ll do mighty well on the cosmetology practical exam. You know how to style and cut and color hair. You passed that practical cosmetology state board exam in Texas in very high numbers: 83%! 💪
But how do you prepare for and pass the written state board exam …
Passing the Written Cosmetology State Board in Texas
First, what exactly does “pass” mean in Texas? It means you have to get at least a 70%.
Now that may not sound so hard, but right now half of you who took the cosmetology test in Texas did NOT get that 70%.
That hurts the pride and the pocketbook. Because each time you fail, you have to pay.
- Don’t be part of that statistic.
- Don’t dent your dreams.
- Don’t spend more money than you need to.
- Don’t get scared. Get prepared.™
We’re here to make sure you can PASS the Texas cosmetology state board test. First try.
Practice Questions for Cosmetology State Board Texas
Start practicing for your state board exam today! Here are some practice questions based on the Texas cosmetology laws and rules. You can find these (and many more) in the Filmbook State Board app.
Here’s another state-specific practice question on Texas cosmetology laws and rules.
The Filmbook State Board app can help you pass the Texas state board examination—no matter what school you go to!
Try this state board practice question based on Texas laws and rules:
Here is another cosmetology practice question to prepare you for the Texas cosmetology licensing exam.
You can unlock 47 state-specific questions like the ones shown here when you:
- Download the Filmbook State Board app
- Get a subscription (which is $4.99/month)
- Specify that you’ll be taking your state board examination in Texas
The Filmbook App: Helping You with Cosmetology State Board in Texas
The Filmbook State Board app has 47 questions on Texas cosmetology laws and rules built right in to the unlimited quizzes on our app.
And to get you prepared, we have unlimited state board quizzes on our app—from a bank of 1,500 questions.
Did you get that? 47 specific cosmetology questions on Texas laws and rules and UNLIMITED state board quizzes—all to prepare you for the written cosmetology exam.
All you do is pull out your phone and open up your Filmbook State Board app and start quizzing yourself—until you can score a 70%. Or better.
Do this over and over. Repetition locks in your learning.
Not Taking the Cosmetology Exam in Texas?
The Filmbook State Board app has laws and rules questions for EVERY state.
No matter where you live, you can unlock laws and rules quiz questions specific to your state when you subscribe. Here are some examples:
- Live in California? The Filmbook State Board app has 42 questions that test your knowledge of California cosmetology laws and rules.
- Taking the exam in Virginia? You’ll find 53 questions on Virginia cosmetology laws and rules in the Filmbook State Board app.
- For Florida and Missouri, we have 49 state-specific laws and rules questions.
- If you live in Tennessee, you get 48 questions on Tennessee cosmetology laws and rules.
- Studying in Arizona? The Filmbook State Board app has 46 questions on state laws and rules.
Our goal is to help YOU pass the cosmetology exam.
That’s why the Filmbook State Board app is the ONLY cosmetology state board study app that quizzes you with questions specific to your state’s laws and rules.
Get Ready for Cosmetology State Board Texas!
- How many times have you done a blowdry?
- What about a one-length haircut? How many have you finished?
- Foiling? Bet you’re a pro.
You get where we’re going with this.
You need to start practicing for the cosmetology state board in Texas today. And tomorrow. And the next day. A little each day goes a long way!
To unlock unlimited state board quizzes all you need to do is subscribe to the Filmbook State Board app. And the cost of that is $4.99/month.
The Filmbook State Board app is the best state board cosmetology app with the most quizzes (unlimited, actually) for the least money.
Before we go, here are a few more helpful state board tips
- How to pass the cosmetology state board
- Take a cosmetology state board practice test
- What is the cosmetology test?
- 10 cosmetology facts you didn’t know
- Cosmetology practice exam
You can do it! You can pass the Texas cosmetology state board. We can help.
A few final thoughts from your friends at Filmbook.
Keep a kind heart.
Look out for one another.
And remember. Diversity is truly what makes us beautiful.